Tuesday, January 5, 2010

So Far, So Good

My resolution this year is not to work out more. It's not to lose weight.

It's to connect.

Or reconnect.

Basically, I want to spend more time with people. Meet new people. Hang out with old friends. Add more folks into my contacts list. Because of my home situation and the fact that my time is never really MINE... I've lost contact with folks... missed out on opportunities to get to know great people... just generally been trapped in a bubble. Don't get me wrong. I love spending time with Jeff and my family, but those are the ONLY people I've been around (outside of work).

I get so lonely and feel seriously isolated because of the way things are. Even Jeff told me over the phone, "You're always by yourself." Pretty pathetic. This year, I'm going to try hard to put myself out there and connect before I go insane. :)

Things are going very well so far. On new year's DAY, I went out for ice cream with a friend from high school who I haven't seen in I don't know how long. I know. "Big deal. You got ice cream." But it meant so much more to me than that.

I'm trying to set up events where I can get together with people and it's great. Rock climbing. A day in the snow at Tahoe. Working out with co-workers. Tomorrow night, another friend from high school is going to be in the city to visit and I plan on having dinner with her after work. I haven't seen her in yeeeaars.

Why now? Because they cut my hours at work and shifted the hours that I DO work, so I have a little more free time. Turn a negative into a positive, right? I plan on using that time wisely.

PS: Updating my blog more regularly will be another way to connect :P

2 comments:

Phoebe Limanta said...

great new years resolution hon! :) i hope it all works out well!

Iyah Love said...

hahahhahaha!!! you are so sneaaaaaakkkyyy!! i love it! I love surprises! ♥ The hubby does the surprises more often but I do surprise him sometimes too. This is so sweet of you !:)

I want a new camera too. Since I have a new point and shoot from last christmas, I'm trying to save up for an SLR :) I want a CANON T1i :)