Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sneaky Sneaky

I'm sick of my image-less posts :(

My camera up and decided to crap out on me, so I'm in the market for a new one. I'm eying the Nikon D3000. It's definitely bulkier than what I'm used to, but I'm determined to get some quality shots of this year. Videos, also! Like this one...



This was awesome! Let me give you the background on this video.

I wanted to get Jeff a gift that would knock the air out of him, but in order for me to do that, it would have to be car-related. The thought of even ATTEMPTING to buy car parts makes my eyes cross, so I decided I needed to send it a spy for reconnaissance. I messaged his friend Rommel on Facebook and told him the situation. Rommel started texting Jeff and relaying the information to me while I searched on-line. The sites I found were legit, but I figured I needed a little more help.

Queue the folks at Vision Performance (Thank you, Mike, Crosby, Jimmy, Kevin). They're actually friends with Jeff and Rommel and were happy to help me order the gift: a pair of Sparco Torino II racing seats. There was more messaging on Facebook, phone calls, and visits to the shop. Basically, they did the work and I put down the cash :P

The seats came in and I plotted. I usually work on Saturdays, but took the day off. If Jeff had gone by the pharmacy, I had an alibi ready to be delivered by my co-workers. I went to the shop to look at the seats at around 12, then had Jimmy call Jeff to come by to help him with something after work (heheheh). Jeff gets off work at 1, so it was good timing. We decided to take one of the seats out of the box and hide me inside. Crosby manned the camera.

What was on the video was basically my favorite part. :) I wanted to edit the video because there area actually 5 parts to it, but Movie Maker is acting up. It was priceless because he was not expecting it AT ALL. In fact, Jeff told me that he was skeptical even as he was opening the second box. He seriously had no idea what I was doing behind his back.

I love surprises!

No comments: