Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Blessings In Disguise

I did a lot of driving today and accompanied it with equal parts thinking. I think I needed a day by myself to clear my head considering what's been happening. I allowed myself to be overwhelmed and wasn't able to do what I'm usually good at: Taking the bad with the good/ Seeing the good behind the bad.

Let me use a couple recent events to give you an example.

1)Lola was hospitalized and had to get a pacemaker.
HOWEVER...
After she came home, my aunt's been dropping by more often to help take care of her. She's been MIA for I don't even remember how long now. Nikki and Mariel are getting to see their mom more often, basically. Also, I think that it's helping Lola to see that she's okay.

2)My dad's 2nd father (basically) passed away.
HOWEVER...
The death itself has no positives, but my dad flew back to the Philippines for the funeral. Though he doesn't say it, I know my dad gets stressed out by the family and all his responsibilities here. I think that, despite the reason, it's good for him to get away... be in a different environment and with a different set of people. Also, he's surrounded by family and love. What's better than that?

3)My hours were cut, so I'm now only working 3 days a week instead of 5.
HOWEVER...
This is my chance to go back to school like I've been wanting to do for so long. I got a registration form from City today. Even if it's too late for this semester, I'm still going to try. The extra time will allow me to study and take classes. I'm actually very excited about this.


See? Mind's clear at the moment and I'm feeling much more positive. Thank you for the support, also. I really appreciate it. Even just a few kind words can boost somebody's spirits, so don't hold back!

Oh, yea. Jeff and I went to the vet and picked up Bo-Bo's ashes. They're no on the mantle above the fireplace. The vet put them in a wooden box with a plaque engraved with her name. That also made me feel better because I was actually tense about it having been 2 weeks and not hearing anything. Thank goodness they called me today, otherwise I would've had to cause a raucous.

Anyway, I'm a little less freaked out and hoping tomorrow is bright.

OH... here's a video of my boyfriend. He'll probably smack me for putting this up, but it makes me laugh...

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

You're soo sweet thanks for your comment on my contest entry. It was FUN!!!

and that video of the bf is a crack up. you two are mad cute together =)