Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy... Sorta... Birthday

Today's my dad's birthday, but it's also the day he flew out to the Philippines for the funeral. I didn't get to see him in the morning before I left for work, so I left his card on the kitchen table, along with a print-out I knew he'd need on what he'd be able to bring on the plane (medicine-wise). Luckily, I got to see him on my lunch break. He thanked me for the card (Lola said he cried when he read it), I double checked the things he packed, then hugged and kissed him good-bye. He also called me from the airport after I got off work.

I promise I'll take care of everything while you're gone, dad! :)

Also, Lola's back! She's still recovering from having the pacemaker put in, but I'm happy having her home. Mariel definitely missed her. Her sister (Lulu) is here with her husband to help out for the next 2 weeks while dad's gone. Another good thing is that Tita Eva appeared out of nowhere after being MIA for so long. She was actually the one who picked Lola up from the hospital and brought her home. Hopefully, this means that she'll be around more for the girls.

I hope my mom will be okay. I think she'll be fine as long as there are other people around to help and keep her calm.

Things are sort of looking better, 'cept that now I miss my dad. lol

We're still crossing our fingers.

1 comment:

Yas said...

That's better news hunnie. I'm glad that things seem to be getting a bit better. :) Sending more luv mama