Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Rollin' Down the River

Like I said in my previous blog, Jeff took me to Rancho Cordova to try my hand at river rafting for the first time. I gotta say... I LOVE IT! I'm incredibly sore right now, but I even love that! It means that despite being a thoroughly relaxing day, I also got a great workout in. Haha.

I could barely sleep the night before. I kept waking up and checking the clock to see if it was time to get ready. I had actually made a list of everything we would need, got packed, and double-checked everything before going to bed (going to bed, not falling asleep). I even made a list of things I had to get done before (making a list of things to pack was actually on this list) I know. I'm a goober. But I was seriously excited. I even bought makeup especially for the trip! It was actually more of a test of staying power.

Here's the haul:

Alright. For some reason, the picture keeps getting rotated to this angle. We can work with this.

1) Foundation on the river. Ridiculous, yea? Yea. I read some good reviews on this ("this" being Revlon Colorstay Active) but forget it. I mainly got it for the SPF 25, but of course it didn't stay put beyond the first bend. It's been pretty good for an average work day, though.
2) Maybelline Waterproof Ultra Liner. It had been a favorite of mine in high school, but I haven't used it until now because it flakes after a while. It lasted through the six-mile river, the car ride, but not the shower at Jeff's house. It's pretty hard to take off what strips are still clinging for dear life to your lids. I hope you have oil. And if it's in your lashes? Yeesh.
3) OOOH! New favorite. This is the one I spent the most on, but it was worth it. A worker at Ulta recommended it. Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer. She actually told me not to necessarily use it as a primer, but to mix it with whatever eyeshadow I have to instantly make it waterproof. Even Jeff commented that my shadow hadn't budged during the whole trip. Two big thumbs up! And I only needed a dot of the stuff to add to my shadow.
4) Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lash Tint. This practically becomes one with your lashes. I used it while I had swim class in Balboa. I only fall back on it when I desperately don't want my mascara to come off because it's a pain in the ass to take off. Needless to say, it passed the test.


But back to what you're actually here to read about... RAFTING!

I told Jeff I'd be at his house by 9:30am so that we could head out ASAP to be at the river by or before noon. I'm pretty good at barely scraping by Filipino time. I got there at about 9:34. And this was after stopping to pick up drinks and sandwiches at the coffee shop by work. -wink-

The drive was nice. Jeff couldn't believe that I held out wearing my full SF outfit for so long considering that it was getting progressively hotter the closer we got. SF outfit: black, baggy cargo pants, shorts, bikini, t-shirt, thermal, jacket. I like heat. Heat is my friend.

We were probably the second or third ones to get there and it was pretty empty, probably because it was a Tuesday. Here's the lot (these pictures are actually from the end of the day, but I was in such a hurry to get to the river that I didn't take any when we first got there):







Those rafts were no joke. We had to carry them a fairly short distance to the river, but I thought that that was a pretty good workout in itself. There were others there, but they had kayaks instead of inflatable rafts.

~~~~~ I'm getting kinda sleepy, so I'm going to finish this tomorrow... probably.~~~~~

No comments: