Saturday, August 30, 2008

10 Days

It seems that I won't be finishing my blog on river rafting any time soon. It's to be expected from a procrastinator like me. Maybe it'll be done next month. I make you no promises.

Last night marked the beginning of my 10-day vacation. I actually don't know what to do with myself, because my original plan was to hit Vegas. Oh, well. Things happen. Just gotta roll with it. I'm thinking of hitting up some people... kidnapping them and forcing them to hang out with me. I plan on enjoying myself and relaxing to the full extent of my abilities.

To celebrate, I got my nails done at Stonestown. I was almost very disappointed because both places in the mall were packed. I guess everybody's getting ready for Labor Day weekend? Well, I was walking away from the second salon I had checked out (pouting, to paint a better picture for you) when one of the workers ran out and called after me. She said to just come in and I'd be next. "Next time, at least come in. We'll make time for you." Awww. Now that's good customer service. Jeff said he'd meet me up after work even though I told him he didn't have to (what man wants to sit around watching women get pampered?), but he insisted. He said he'd entertain himself with my How to Survive A Horror Movie book, but ended up watching intently while the lady put my tips on. Heheh. He surprised me with flowers, too! I love my man. Unlike any other, forreal! After that, we grabbed sushi for dinner and headed home.


On a side note, the internet and phone haven't been working at my house for the past few days. I haven't hit MySpace in a couple days, but haven't really missed it. To be honest, I've been having serious BlogSpot & YouTube withdrawals. Also, I had ordered some things off Urban Outfitters and was kind of anxious about not being able to track my package. Oh, how the internet has spoiled me.


Good news! I think that this is a great way to start my vacation. I take it as a good omen. Coastal Scents has re-stocked all of their eyeshadow palettes! I had checked the site when I woke up this morning (at about 6 am) and they were still out of stock. But when I check again about an hour or so ago, everything was in stock! I ordered my shimmer palette! YAAAYY! Very excited. Unfortunately, I hit YouTube right after I ordered and now I want the regular 88 and neutral palettes after watching all these people's tutorials. Don't think me shallow. Makeup is a small, private joy I have in my life and I gather much pleasure from creating new looks.

I think that about sums up the past few days. Toodles!

No comments: